eCrypt (along with a Privacy Now TV crew) made the trek to Seattle to attend pii2010, a digital privacy, identity and innovation conference. It was a great experience with many privacy and security experts – including representatives from Google, Intel and PayPal – in attendance from all over North America.
The main themes of the event were:
- How emerging technologies and business models are impacting the way data is created, shared and aggregated
- Effective approaches for building online trust with users
- Ways in which user preferences and social norms are shifting
- Changes in the regulatory landscape, in the U.S. and internationally
- The role of anonymity and the future of reputation management on the Web
- The latest developments in user-centric identity management
At the pii Labs – the open forum and discussion component – we found a room full of people passionate about privacy and security. It was a conversation built around collaboration and a great sharing of ideas.
It was the first year of the event, and we look forward to attending again next year!